Thursday 22 August 2013

Home.

Home again! What a joy.
It was a whirlwind of a vacation, quite exhausting really - but still a great trip.

It's a funny thing about home: Mine used to be in Germany all throughout my childhood and teenage years. It started to feel less and less like home when I entered my early twenties and discovered Canada.

Then, for a while, I felt like I had 2 homes: Germany and Canada. As nice as this feeling was, I couldn't help but wonder if you can have more than one home - is that really possible? Or was I trying to convince myself of something that didn't exist?

But now, more than ever, I know where I belong: Here in Canada. It truly is my home. As soon as I stepped out of the airport yesterday I felt the difference: The air smelled sweeter, the people were friendlier, and I could breathe freely again. It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Germany always seems a bit strange now to me: Listening to the people, seeing the cities, eating the food all feels foreign now. How peculiar for somebody who grew up there, isn't it?

Richard put it perfectly how we both see it: "Some people are born in the wrong body. We were born in the wrong country."
Couldn't have said it better myself.

But, all this aside, it was wonderful to see my family, check out my parent's and grandma's new places (everybody moved within the last year, lots of changes!), and party it up at the local festival!

 
xo Miriam
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always reply to comments here, so check back in a day or two!

© Farm Girl | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig