Tuesday 23 April 2013

Hairy

Snooping around other blogs (which right now is my favourite thing to do, I have currently abandoned TV, books and online shopping) I have noticed that there isn't a single one that hasn't talked about hair.
Here are a few great ones: Mona's "I hate my bangs", Zoella's Hair History, and tons of great hair tutorials over at A beautiful Mess.

So here is mine.
To give you an idea about how clueless I am about hair, here is a conversation I had with my co-workers (who both have gorgeous long hair and are very talented in styling it) yesterday:

K:   "You have to try this amazing curling wand I bought, it's awesome."
R:   "My hair doesn't hold the curl very well. It takes me at least a couple hours with my curling
        iron. How long does it take with the wand?"
K:   "I use it 10-15 per section."
Me: "Oh you keep it on for 10-15 minutes?"
K+R looking at me with disbelief and pity.

Apparently your hair would catch on fire or just fall off if you use a curling iron for such a long time. I had no idea.

Here's the thing: I am clueless about hair. For the last 10 years I had it short, mainly because I wouldn't know what to do with it when it's longer. I convinced myself that I'm just not a long hair person. Pixie sounds so cute, and I truly love short hair on women.
Shorty short
Longer side bangs
But secretly I am dreaming of long hair. The word ponytail sounds so fun and cute and girly. I am obsessed with sock buns, top knots, side braids, long flowing locks. I want it. I am even willing to learn how to style it.

So I'm in the process of growing it out. And it's a real pain! I have now entered the feared "awkward stage" and I am ready to chop it all off.
These terrible pictures prove that almost all my photos are heavily edited. Now you know why.
 
But I have gotten so far, I can't give up now?! What do you think? Any hair growing tips or encouragement will be most gratefully received.
So far I keep myself motivated with pictures like this:
Found on Pinterest


Found on Pinterest
A girl can dream, right?

Here is a short hair history:


This is the only photo I could find of me with long hair. I was 10 and the tannest I have ever been I my life.
16 years old. I thought that red streak made me cool and rebellious. I'm also wearing leather pants.
22 years old. Used variations of red auburn drugstore hair dye excessively.

Growing pains

Yes I'm 33 years old and wearing pigtails. (Did I mention that I'm styling-challenged with my hair?)

Mini-Bob? Black and white makes everything look better.

 
 xo Miriam
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I always reply to comments here, so check back in a day or two!

© Farm Girl | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig